Helix® Flexible Screw Conveyor
Hapman's Helix flexible screw conveyors move material form one point to another using the industry's most versatile, effective and simple conveying method.
• Batch, intermitent and continuous conveying
• Move bulk material horizontally or vertically
• A single moving part means minimal maintenance
The Best Value in Bulk Material Handling.
Flexible screw conveyors have been used in the dry processing industry for decades. This reliable, simple and low-maintenance bulk material handling equipment uses a single moving part to effectively convey dry material from one point to another. These conveyors are also known for their versatility, allowing for horizontal, vertical, and degreed-bend applications.
• Engineered for batch, intermittent and continuous conveying of bulk materials. Flexible screw conveyors are an economical solution for conveying powders, crystals, pellets, friable material, flakes, granules and much more.
• Convey horizontally or vertically with a flexible outer tubing and auger that allow for easy maneuvering into elevated hoppers and bending around obstacles.
• Fewer components minimize maintenance. The simple operation of a helicoid screw rotating inside a fixed tube keeps costs low, reliability high.
• Rugged construction. Though not recommended, the Helix’s standard stainless steel construction can stand up to a continuous flow of abrasive materials (carbon steel and polyethylene models are also available).
• Convey materials over distances up to 80 ft (24.4 m) and discharge heights up to 40 ft (12.2 m). An optional mobile base provides a discharge height of 12 ft (3.66 m).
• Easy to clean. Flexible screw conveyors can be disassembled in 5 minutes for thorough washdowns.
The Flexible Screw Conveyor Operation
Flexible screw conveyor operation begins when product enters the sealed tube as the auger rotates (the shape, design style, size, and length of the auger are factors selected for each specific bulk material handling application). Flexible screw conveyors are typically mounted to a hopper for easy loading of material. A single motor drives the auger rotation, which pulls the material through the enclosed tube. The helicoid design of the auger effectively conveys a wide range of materials from powder, to granular, to larger particles.
The Hapman Helix a good conveying option when your application requires:
• Low cost
• Low maintenance
• Capacity ranging from 15 ft3/hr to 1800 ft3/hr
• Gentle product handling
• Easy cleanability
• Total containment
• Dust-free operation
• Constant remixing
• Flexible screw conveyors economically convey bulk powders and solids up to 25 cfm (.708cmm)
• Exclusive T-handle couplings allow conveyor to be disassembled in minutes for cleaning and maintenance
• Quick Release options (Inlet Clamp, Agitator Design with Air Purge Seal, Discharge T Handle and Drive Box) allow for easy cleaning and product changeover
• Fits under low ceilings
Hapman offers a wide range of auger styles and sizes to fit in flexible screw conveyor casings 2-8” in diameter (5.08-20.32 cm). Each auger is specifically engineered to effectively move product depending on material type and operating conditions. Our application and engineering team will work with you to determine the best auger for your application.
• Flat Wire: Works well with fine powders; provides the highest conveyor capacity
• Bevel Edge: Use to transport sticky material
• Heavy-Duty Square: For heavy, abrasive material
• Round Wire: Best for granular materials such as salt or sugar
A wide range of conveying options and layouts.
Our Helix Flexible Screw Conveyors are available with a several options for easy implementation into specific plant applications. Food grade, dairy grade, stainless steel hopper, TEFC motors, and portable units are available upon request.
The Helix is available in many configuration types.
Additional detailed options: