Tubular Drag Conveyors
Move a wide range of material continuously, reliably and effectively in any direction without dusting.
Not all drag conveyors are created equal. When your requirements for conveying systems include longer distrances, unique layout configurations over multiple levels, numerous inlet and discharge points, the durability to handle abrasive material, you need tubular drag conveyors from Hapman.
Versatility Meets Durability in Hapman Tubular Drag Conveyors.
Convey product in a completely sealed system. The sprocket drive in our tubular drag conveyors slowly pulls a heavy-duty chain through a fully enclosed pipe. As the chain moves your material through the pipe there is no chance for dusting, explosions or contamination issues.
Use less energy than other conveyors. The low-horsepower motor produces the slow, steady drag that cuts your energy costs when conveying powders or bulk solids.
Move challenging materials. Our tubular drag conveyors handle high-moisture ingredients and abrasive, blended, friable, easy-to-compact or smear products without compromising quality or efficiency.
One conveyor does the work of several. A modular design means we can configure our tubular drag conveyors to move your product vertically, horizontally, at any angle and around corners. Need more than one inlet/outlet in your bulk material handling process? Add as many as you need.
The Tubular Drag Operation
The fundamental operation of tubular drag conveyors involves a chain with flights that pull material through a sealed pipe circuit. They operate at high torque/low speed, and their capacity is determined by the diameter of the flight and the speed at which the chain assembly can be pulled through the pipe. Tubular Drag Conveyors are sealed to upstream and downstream equipment by a hard flange or a flexible sleeve. The layout of these conveyors allows for pipe bends, multiple inlet and discharge points, and routing through multiple planes and in any direction.
• Dust-free operation. Tubular Drag Conveyors feature completely sealed construction that confines bulk materials within the equipment. You convey materials in any direction – horizontally, vertically, at any angle and around corners – without dusting, odors, contamination, or spillage.
• Convey up to 50 cfm (1.416 cmm). A sprocket drive pulls a chain through a stationary outer casing. Flights attached at regular intervals along the chain convey material from inlet points to discharge points.
• Longer life from chain than steel cable. Chain is less prone to fatigue, wear and stretch than steel cable. As individual parts on the chain wear out, you can replace them at a much lower cost and time expense than replacing the entire steel cable in other conveyors.
• Work day-in, day-out with minimal chain wear. A heavy-duty chain allows you to start, stop and operate our conveyors under load all day long.
• Discharge 100% of your product. Hapman’s exclusive, self-cleaning discharge gate is rounded to the shape of the pipe. Unlike flat gates in other conveyors, there is no place for your product to get trapped.
• Minimal maintenance required. The automatic chain take-up idler in our Tubular Drag Conveyors makes adjustments as the chain stretches so you don’t have to do regular manual tightening.
• Eliminate multiple conveyors with multiple inlets/outlets. We can install numerous inlets and/or discharge points into a single tubular drag conveyor, allowing you to add ingredients and discharge product all along the way. Tubular construction lets you reconfigure your design as your floor layout or process needs change.
• Reduced energy usage. A low-horsepower, electric motor drives material for hundreds of feet.
Hapman’s custom-built tubular drag conveying systems move some of the toughest products up to hundreds of feet: from hardened steel shot to bacon grease waste, from fishmeal and bones to explosive materials. Our expert consultants and engineers can spec out and build a system based on your specific bulk material handling needs. Paths are virtually limitless and multiple inlets and outlets are possible with our Tubular Drag Conveyors.
In addition to optimum conveying, our sealed Tubular Drag Conveyors offer:
• Process efficiency
• Increased worker safety from clean, dust-free operation
• Excellent material integrity with minimal degradation / segregation
• Low energy consumption
• Minimal maintenance requirements
• Brush box cleaning
• Discharge gate
Improve product flow when you install mechanical vibration. An offset weight and hammer system taps on the tops of flights to dislodge material.
Fully discharge material with Hapman’s exclusive, self-cleaning discharge gates. Unlike flat gates in other conveyors, ours are rounded to the shape of the pipe so there is no place for your product to become trapped.